Re: [IRCA] AM Noise

At 22:50 29/11/2006, you wrote:

>The FCC has no budget to inspect all of this stuff, and no budget for
>enforcement. They rely mostly on the integrity ( ?! ) of the
>manufacturer. And most of those self-same manufacturers have lobbyists
>who schmooze our Congresspersons to keep the FCC de-clawed.
>
>I do not hold out much hope for anything which might improve the
>situation. This is just one of the nails in the eventual coffin of AM
>broadcasting, I suspect.

If you'll pardon a rather satirical comment, what one needs to do is
convince the public that all these sources of electrical noise are
interfering with their precious bodily fluids (sorry, reading too
much milspec390),  and things would change overnight.   A better case
might well be made for this than for the dangers from emanations from
high voltage power lines, cell phone towers etc., which for most
people are a long way away, yet are apparently terribly frightening.

Think of all those household appliances etc. gently toasting you for
24 hours a day, then wonder why you don't feel so good these days.

Sorry, I have the day off, and the mental wheels are spinning a bit
before settling down to the projects for the day.

best wishes,

Nick