[IRCA] AM Noise

Excellent piece. It is nearly impossible to purchase household
electronics which do not emanate some noise. Anything which has a
thermostat is an automatic suspect. Same for motors. Same for pretty
much any photoelectric cell, and particularly those with their own
wiring ( garage door openers ). TV's, standard CRT monitors, flashers,
you name it !

The FCC has no budget to inspect all of this stuff, and no budget for
enforcement. They rely mostly on the integrity ( ?! ) of the
manufacturer. And most of those self-same manufacturers have lobbyists
who schmooze our Congresspersons to keep the FCC de-clawed.

I do not hold out much hope for anything which might improve the
situation. This is just one of the nails in the eventual coffin of AM
broadcasting, I suspect.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]