  From: Russ Edmunds
  To: IRCA List ; AM WTFDA ; NRC List ; dxhub
  Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:37 PM
  Subject: [dxhub] 1610

  Heard at high noon here in SEPA but mostly weaker than the local TIS at
  Valley Forge N P.

  Heard again 1630+ in car mostly overpowering the TIS and subsequently
  an unID with slow-tempo male vocal group.

  Very steady tone however as my trip home moves directly away from the
  TIS, but the tone became stronger the farther I went from the TIS.

  This strongly suggests a modulated carrier on 1610 rather than hets.
  The tone was clearly on the same frequency as the music.

  In my mind this doesn't preclude the possibility that others may be
  hearing hets in other locations.

  Rough bearing is 180-200 degrees, which could include Ft. Meade,
  Frederick, Tidewater VA, DC, Ft. Belvoir etc. Too bad this wasn't
  happening a few days ago when I passed by Ft. Meade and DC proper and
  was on base at Belvoir.

  Haven't yet had a chance tonight to check on the Hammarlund or even the
  2010, and may not as I have other committments tonight.

  Russ Edmunds
  Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
  [15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
  40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id
  <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

  http://new.mail.yahoo.com

  __._,_.___

  Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Visit Your Group
    a.. Hobby photography
    b.. Hobby toy
    c.. Ham radio
    d.. Ham radio antenna