Re: [IRCA] List Server Problems

On Monday 13 November 2006 08:11, Radiofldude@xxxxxxx wrote:
> and I got it at 4:53am Monday morning

Exactly the same problem as before.  From the headers on my message:

        by mx2.zoneedit.com (Postfix) with SMTP id 33D047D1216
        for <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:50:54 -0500 (EST)

The message went from my ISP's system to mx2.zoneedit.com at 1250 EST on
Nov 11.  There it sat until 0452 EST on Nov 13 (40 hours!), when it was
finally transferred to dallas.kotalampi.com, the system that hosts the IRCA
mailing list.  If you examine the mail headers from other list messages,
you'll find that the messages that get through with little delay have gone
directly from the sender's ISP to dallas.kotalampi.com.  On the other hand,
if they happen to go through the zoneedit.com mail forwarder (which would
indicate that dallas.kotalampi.com is temporarily offline, or refusing
connections for some reason), then they get stuck there for *long* time.
It's up to the system administrator of dallas.kotalampi.com to sort this one
out.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON