Re: [IRCA] List Server Problems

and I got it at 4:53am Monday morning

Paul Walker
_www.walkerbroadcasting.com_ (http://www.walkerbroadcasting.com)

*************

Here's an excerpt from the mail headers on a recent list posting by Walt
Salmaniw:

>        by mx2.zoneedit.com (Postfix)  with ESMTP id 790237CB297
>        for  <IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Wed,  8 Nov 2006 20:33:45 -0500  (EST)

This shows that it took more than two days for this message to  reach the
server hosting the list (dallas.kotalampi.com, aka  hard-core-dx.com) from
its mail forwarder, mx2.zoneedit.com.  This  likely indicates that the server
was off-line for all that time (normally,  the mail would have gone directly
the server rather than through the mail  forwarder, according to the "MX"
records that exist for  hard-core-dx.com).  So, it seems that there is
something seriously  wrong with the server itself, or its connectivity with
the net.  I  don't know who is responsible for the server, but they should be
taking a  close look at this...

(For the record, this is being sent at 12:50 pm  EST, Saturday afternoon)

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon   VE3JF  Ottawa,  ON
original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its
editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org