Re: [IRCA] QSL COMMENT

--- Konnie Rychalsky <dxbox87@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2. QSL Lists... if there are any - I haven't yet seen one.  Many on
> these
> posts mention receiving QSLs... but what about a list.  If a station
> does
> not QSL, or in the case about via e-mail only, then this should be
> post
> somwehere.

I for one do not support and have never supported such lists. They can
amount to a blacklist which is negative and reflects more negatively on
us as DX'ers than it does on anyone else. And with the movement of
personnel from station to station -- which has been an issue for
decades -- a station can move very quickly from one column to the
other.

I'd much rather have a QSL from a test signed by a BTC or test arranger
than no QSL and no logging because there was no test. And I'd rather
have that confirmation be valid in the sense that I know that someone
has taken the time to review the material submitted carefully rather
than just rubber stamp it, or give it to a secretary to sign.

A QSL is a confirmation of reception. If I don't know that someone has
checked my details or listened to my recording then whatever piece of
paper I get isn't a confirmation at all -- it's quite possibly bogus.
What matters is what's behind it -- not who signs it!

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id