Re: [IRCA] Arranging and Conducting DX Tests(WAS: WWNH 1340 Heard In California??)

Re: [IRCA] Arranging and Conducting DX Tests(WAS: WWNH 1340 Heard In California??)

Les:

No need to thank me for arranging or conducting DX Tests.

Frankly, it's just as much fun for me to conduct them as it is for those  who
I know are trying to pick up whatever station it is.  I haven't  seriously
DX'ed in over 2 years and I miss it, but I don't have the energy or  the
equipment to do it anymore.

My Kenwood 104AR Digital Display Tuner  with a long wire antenna on the same
site as a 1/2 wave broadcast antenna turned  out to be my best DX, often
getting WABC and WOR better in NW Mississippi better  then I ever did from Eastern
Connecticut.

All I ask is when people  complain about not getting QSL's or a station
unwilling to do a tests, please  remember.. often times it requires a fair amount
of extra participation and  effort on the part of already exhausted personel. I
could said, "DX Test  Cancelled" knowing I had to be up at 6am in the
morning, but I stuck it out as  long as I could because i knew people were depending
on me.

Paul  Walker
_www.walkerbroadcasting.com_ (http://www.walkerbroadcasting.com)
_www.walkerbroadcasting.com/blog.html_
(http://www.walkerbroadcasting.com/blog.html)
www.myspace.com/walkerbroadcasting

In a message dated 11/6/2006  6:01:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,