Re: [IRCA] TP 21 oct

At 10:08 AM 10/21/2006, Nick Hall-Patch wrote:

>At 15:06 21/10/2006, you wrote:
>>.  Mostly a JJ morning here, but again highly variable.  I would
>>about to change frequencies when a signal would suddenly pop up.
>

>Not only was that true, Walt, but I believe the low band Japanese
>signals at any rate were arriving from a more southerly direction
>than true.   The loop said closer to due west, but variable, and the
>westerly Flag delivered a lot more signal than the northerly one.
>
>best  wishes,
>
>Nick

Interesting observation, Nick.  My K9AY which is my primary TP/TA MW antenna normally works best in the "W" position for TPs and "N" for the TAs.  On occasion, though, I have even
found the "S" best for even the JJ stations.  (The directions are actually about +20 degrees from True, so it makes sense that my "W" is actually closer to 290 degrees than 270.....Walt.