Re: [IRCA] Are They or Aren't They?

Sir Z.,

I regularly check the IBOC situation here in SE FL -- web site link in my
signature.

Since I have been monitoring, 640 WJNA Royal Palm Beach (Nostalgia), and
1140 WQBA Miami (Spanish talk), have never been on the air with IBOC.   I
just checked both of these.  640 WJNA is definitely not IBOC.  Cable TV
noise makes hearing 1140 WQBA all but impossible, I'll check again if the
noise subsides, but if they're running IBOC it's happened in the last few
days, which I seriously doubt.

Of the four stations who have used IBOC in this area, 560 WQAM Miami
(Sports), is the only one that has been maddeningly consistent in their
IBOC fetish.  A sports station that actually promoted "Crystal Clear HD,"
as if it mattered in the least.  The only good thing I can say is that so
far the IBOC has always gone off at sunset.

740 WSBR Boca Raton (Business), and 980 WHSR Pompano Beach (Ethnic talk),
seem to have abandoned IBOC after brief periods of testing and tuning.  It
has been over a year since either used IBOC.

1470 WWNN Pompano Beach (Business/Talk), makes a game of IBOC, coming and
going, making my monitoring activities worthwhile.  Today, I find their
IBOC off after having been on since 9/3.  Except, that is, when a few days
ago it was off then came on mid day.  Always an unknown.  I remain hopeful
one day it will go forever silent.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan