Re: [IRCA] Fair Morning Only: TPs on Oct 8

Re: [IRCA] Fair Morning Only: TPs on Oct 8

This morning was hard to rate, with virtually no TP signals early on,
then a quick rise just after 1300.   The rise was pretty much limited to
Japanese stations though.  Actually the powerhouse channels weren't as
good as they have been, but the second tier was doing quite well, with
audio on 1053 (with no trace of the jammer), 1134, 1179, 1242, 1287, and
1422.    Perhaps a frequency related thing, as signal above 1000 khz
seemed to be doing rather better than the lower end of the dial.  I'd
never heard sustained audio on 1422 before, but unfortunately the
programming consisted of non-stop classical music on the piano, and
sunrise isn't late enough yet for signals to stick around for IDs at
1400.   Although I've managed to catch a couple this year, gnerally I
have a knack for missing the best mornings, and yesterday was no
exception.  I'm not likely to be able to listen tomorrow either, so that
should mean some good stuff for the rest of you!

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta