Re: [IRCA] KTNN 660 AZ best ever tonite in IL

On Friday 06 October 2006 00:33, Neil Kazaross wrote:
> Likely on day rig, at times nearly local like on West Phased BOG System and
> chewing up WFAN on barefoot portables as well on peaks.
>
> Very good low/mid band cx to AZ/CA/NM/ NW Mex area from here near Chicago.
> KNMX 540 likely also on day rig.

KTNN also heard here in Ottawa - first noted with ID at 0100 EDT, and heard
again in frequently in overnight recording.  In fact, they were nearly alone
on the channel at 0700, just 7 minutes before sunrise here.

Last night was also good for TAs - I found audio on about 30 TA channels,
which is most unusual here.  Mostly western Europe, with a few from N. Africa
and the Middle East.

In between TA scans, I listened in on the CKDO DX show and heard Bill Dvorak
and Patrick Martin phone in, among others.  I sent CKDO a fairly lengthy
email, but they only mentioned it in passing and didn't read it on-air :-(.

All in all, a very interesting evening!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON