[IRCA] passport if going to Canada

I came back from BC a few days ago.  We were told by US customs they are expecting US citizens to be carrying their  passports if going to Canada this year!

Officially they are not required until next year but if you are going you had better take yours.

Per CBC Radio,  US travel in Canada this year is almost nil.  I have heard the Canadian government is not happy about the new US Passport policy.

Frank N7SOK
Boise