Re: [IRCA] TA on the west coast

In late 1955 I was stationed at Keflavik AFB in Iceland.  I listened to AM from October into early January 1956.  West Coast NA was heard often in October.  I don't recall hearing Europe during
the daytime (9:30am-2:30pm LT) but they were easy in the evening.  North America would start arriving around 10:30-11pm LT....During the last half of December the band was covered by South
Americans almost every night..  About a week/10 days into January we fell into the doughnut hole (auroral wise) and reception took a dive & I switched over to the ham bands, which were
fascinating as well.

Don K.