Re: [IRCA] Radio Rossii 180 kHz Palstar R 30 CC

Re: [IRCA] Radio Rossii 180 kHz Palstar R 30 CC

vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Bought a Palstar R-30 CC and will be taking it to work to DX at lunch
(9:30 P.M. PDT) There's a huge field next to the parking lot and will string out a
1,000 to 2,000 ft  BOG aimed at Europe.   No trees around and the soil is
very sandy.  Since the land is vacant except for a coyote now and then, might
just leave the wire on the ground.  Wire will be 28 gauge speaker wire.

I did a similar trial with my Palstar R-30. Brought the radio, battery,
headphones, tape recorder all in a backpack to a local park and strung out 700 feet
on the ground to the south east. Initial impression was that the antenna was
horrible! I could hardly hear anything and the east stations were *weak* !

Then I tuned up to 1620 .... there was WDHP in the Virgin Islands, all alone,
S9 +20db. (rarely heard here)

Wow !

John K9RZZ
Milwaukee