Re: [IRCA] 1700 WJCC and FCC DB

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So what happens in Madison, for instance, where there's at least one
> app
> that was filed for a new facility on 1480, even though WLMV is still
> on
> the air there? In that case, I think the new app will likely be
> tossed,
> since WLMV was still licensed at the time the filing window was
> opened.
> But for the broadcasters who thought they were playing by the rules,
> who
> returned their licenses early in the process, they may not be so
> fortunate. This will be interesting!

*** But my point still holds that if the FCC had really wanted to
de-clutter the 'old' AM band by moving stations to the X-band, they
would have then refused to accept any applications for those
'abandoned' facilities. Whether they failed to incorporate that part of
the plan into the rules in the first place, or failed to follow their
own plan or both, I don't know, but clearly they undermined their own
ability to make 'part a' stand without having 'part b' working.

Or maybe the whole business about clearing space on the original band
was just political spin / window-dressing in the first place and there
never was any intent to not re-use the facilities - just an added
argument to get the X-band opened in the first place ?

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID