Re: [IRCA] New logging - 870 KJMP CO in OR

Re: [IRCA] New logging - 870 KJMP CO in OR

I caught a Heart song at 0440 PST.  I didn't come back in the house until after the song was over, so there one-liner about what's playing had already moved on.  I did find their playlist on yes.com (KJAC-FM and KJMP-AM), which matched what I heard.  Cool!  I didn't think I would ever catch them here.  Whenever I hear C2C on 870 here, its always WWL.

I don't know how useful yes.com is for IDing music playlists for AM, but its great for FM.  I use it often for E skip and meteor scatter.  About 2500 stations in the US use it, which is still a minority, but it sure beats no resources at all.  I definitely recommend it.

Also almost swallowed my cigarette when I heard KENI way on top of everything else on 650 going back into C2C at 0435.  Also noted many hets, the strongest on 828 and 891.  Using the angle of my Grundig S350 as a extremely crude bearing locator, these were coming in at around 45 degrees further south than the Japanese, Chinese and Korean stations I was getting in November/December, so maybe more southern stations are starting to open up.

Mike Hawkisn

Doug Pifer - KE6GMM <oregon4wd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Dave,
I heard it also. I heard a Billy Joel song and it matched up to Jack FM's
playlist on their website. Actually I've never seen a set up like theirs,
where the playlist sort of scrolls along. I only heard EE music come up just
a couple of times and not that great, but the Billy Joel song stood out well
enough to identify it. C2C from -most likely KFLD and KLSQ's SS Requerdo...
trading dominance. Now for KAIM-HI, at 50kw, they should blow everything
else into the weeds!
73- Doug