Re: [IRCA] Tip for slight reduction of "I-block" interference

Re: [IRCA] Tip for slight reduction of "I-block" interference

Very interesting. Somwhat weak 4-8 kHz out, with the peaks at plus or minus 12.5 kHz being slightly stronger than the carrier frequency?! George S., MN

"W. Curt Deegan" <WWWR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George,

I think you'll see why your observations make sense if you look at the IBOC
spectrum scans on my web site:
http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/radio/sefliboc.html

The steep slope of the IBOC sidebands on the high side of the lower
sideband and low side of the higher sideband, is consistent with your use
of USB on the low side, etc.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL

At 08:53 PM 3/5/2006, you wrote:
>I did a little experiment. Some of you may already have discovered this.
>When I tried to receive adjacent to an "I-block" local, first I tried LSB
>on the low side & USB on the high side. Didn't help a whole lot. Then for
>whatever reason I tried USB on the low side & LSB on the high side. The
>"I-block" interference was about 10db less! So it would seem that
>"I-block" sidebands are stronger beyond 10 kHz than within 10 kHz? Or is
>another explanation possible? I was using 2.3 kHz selectivity, if I
>remember correctly. Seems the "I-block" is really strong at about 14 kHz
>out (+ or -) , but then about gone at 15 kHz when using narrow
>selectivity. 73, George S., MN

Yahoo! Mail