[IRCA] Hets galore - prop question

In route to friends in the Toronto suburb of Oakville
and en route home, I noticed way more hets, and
stronger, than those noted at Burnt River. I don't see
a ton of reports here. This makes me wonder - I didn't
fare so well at Burnt River all last week. Is it
possible that the signals are better the further south
one goes? And worse the further north?

Saul