Re: [IRCA] Update: Southeast Florida IBOC changes.

Re: [IRCA] Update: Southeast Florida IBOC changes.

> I was once told putting anything down on paper constituted
copyrighting,
> the only advantage of registering said copyright was in proving who
came up
> with it first, once the lawyers descended.

> Curt

Imagine the surprise among those who posted on-line
to Usenet in 1988, thinking the postings lived for
10 days on a news "spool" on some big university's
Unix or VMS machine, and then were safely deleted
forever in order to make room for new news.

And then it turns out that some one saved the backups,
found a way to read them after all this time (how many
TUA-80 9-track 6250 bpi tape drives could YOU find
now?) and then put them on DejaNews which is now
tied into Google.

So your less than 2-week-lifetime posting lives on, 20
years later, and apparently, now, forever..

Wonder if those are copyrighted?

Who will be reading our IBOC postings in 20 years
(besides the lawyers, hi) (had to remain on-topic..)

- Bob