Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Logging Radio Cadena Habana

The Wobbler on 1100kHz Radio Cadena Habana is at least as strong tonight, 1/21, as it was last night when it was heard by several DXers in Oregon!

This 1100 Wobbler has been wildly active now for two days and would appear it will continue through this evening.

There is also a strong Wobbler on 680kHz Radio Rebelde, Ciego de Avila, though not as extreme as the one on 1100.

These unmistakable signals are a good opportunity for anyone looking for things Cuban.

To hear what to expect, listen to these samples from the Wobbler web site (link in my signature):

Extreme Wobblers - The following three MP3 recording samples demonstrate the extreme nature to which the Wobbler can rise.  These recordings include audio with no special processing to enhance the signal, it is just the raw power of an enflamed Wobbler you are hearing.  These recordings are stereo, however, and also include processed audio.  The right channel is unprocessed audio, the left channel has been processed to suppress some of the background noise.  Use your audio balance control to select the channel to which you wish to listen.
Extreme Wobbler - 1 (30K)
Extreme Wobbler - 2 (33K)
Extreme Wobbler - 3 (23K)

Curt