Re: [IRCA] KABN (Re: Halp!)

Don't tell KABL that 1460 is open.  They are using it daily...from Salinas!

Mike

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Scott!!! Much appreciated. You are sure right, The Bay area has a
lot of RF in a very small area. About the only other thing they might
do, is to move the station to some other town in rural CA to start over,
like Alturas or Burney. But you are right. There isn't anywhere to move
in the Bay area and stay on 1480. How about move to 1460 and move to
Salinas where there was the old KDON.? That freq is still open there I
presume if someone wanted to apply for it. I guess 1450 is open in Yuba
City as KOBO is again silent. I have to wonder how a 5 tower 500 watter
in that area ever could afford to operate? The cost of installing that
years ago still would not have been cheap. Any idea why an AM station
would spead a fortune to operate in a market already filled with more
powerful signals? I can see a single tower or maybe even two towers, but
5 towers? Even 50 years ago it would have cost a pretty penny to put
that in operation.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin