[IRCA] KABN - Idea for Use

At 05:29 PM 12/7/2005 -0500, the RadioDude wrote:
>Radio-Locator has the slogan listed as "All Weather Radio"
>
>What the hell can you do with 500 Watts/5 towers? I wonder what
>Concord Area Broadcasting Corp does with it!
>

>Paul B. Walker, Jr
><http://www.walkerbroadcasting.com/>www.walkerbroadcasting.com
>http://paulwalker.voice123.com

         It took me a while to figure out who KABN was in a previous
life, and turns out to have been KWUN a bunch of years ago. I'm
wondering if the station can push 40w of power? If so, wouldn't that
make for an interesting DX Test?! The FCC site indicates that the
license "expired" 12/1/2005, but who knows?

         In the "old days," Canadian LPRTs of 40 watts used to make
it out for many miles. The LPRT in Ucluelet, BC (Vancouver Island
area) made it my QTH in Modesto, CA (a bit over 800 miles), and I
believe it also made it into the San Diego area...early 70's.

         Mike