Re: [IRCA] KABN (Re: Halp!)

The 5 towers have been gone for something like 15 years now, and the land's
long since been redeveloped. Chester Coleman (a station broker/owner and
longtime acquaintance) has found some way to keep the thing alive via
special temporary authority for all these years. When it's on, which is not
often, it's simulcasting NOAA weather at very low power (something like 40
watts ND, IIRC).

As Art and others have noted, it's a nearly impossible facility to rebuild,
what with KYOS on 1480, the 1490 over in Petaluma, the 1510 in Oakland and
so on. I doubt it could ever get back on at full power.