Re: [IRCA] Terminating Resistor

Dennis,

You should adjust the pot in the middle of the day (noon-1PM) if
possible this time of year as there is less skip. I have even had
trouble at that time of late as some days I get skip all day. I don't
know what you are going to null, but try to find a frequency with two
stations, one in your lobe and the other in your null. Like here, 630
khz (SW EWE), I put the phase on KCIS-Edmonds WA, leaving KWRO Coquille
OR  dominant. The adjustment on the pot should be close to whatever
frequency you are using, especially if you adjust it for 2 stations in
the middle of the band like 920 khz, to get rid of Olympia leaving
Lebanon as the dominant. Putting a knob on the control makes it easier
to adjust and you can put a mark on the box exaxtly where the perfect
null is, so if the control gets moved, you can go right back to the spot
easily.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin