[IRCA] Kona dial tune 0700 U tonight

As described by Gary DeBock, there is a sweet spot at the Royal Kona Resort Motel âat the dug out canoe beside the lagoon...â

No kidding Gary! Very, very little noise.
Quick dial spin revealed early Asian hets and audio from JJ POWERHOUSES... 774 KHz for example... armchair on a modded PL380.

Kiribati on 1440 like a local.

If I can get myself out of bed at sunrise (at least once or twice over the next 18 days or so...) I should be in for a treat.... or stay up another hour from now.

Kudos to Gary for creating/discovering a nice DX listening area that is safe, well lit and free of an RFI onslaught.

Colin Newell - Kona Hawaii at the Hale Kona Kai.

Dinner tonight - bought incredible Poke (citrus cured cubed fish...) from Da Poke Shack on Alii Drive. Rice, salad, Hawaiian avocado and Kona Brewing Co. beer.

Follow my adventures on INSTAGRAM - user - coffeecrewcanada