Re: [IRCA] Kona dial tune 0630 U

Thanks for the report from Kona, Colin.

<<< The last few nights Iâve looked, there has been no evidence of 846 KHz even being on the air. >>>

If 846-Christmas Island isn't pounding in after local sunset in Kona then its transmitter is almost certainly QRT. It was on the blink last month, so certainly not very surprising.

<<< No sign of 1098, 1017 or 846 KHz. >>>

1098 should also be around after local sunset, but 540, 1017 and 1440 typically need about an hour after Kona sunset to show up.

<<< Found a couple of sweet spots along the sea wall between the Hale Kona Kai and the Royal Kona where Gary DeBock would have DXed only a few weeks ago... where the noise level, while still omnipresent, is not drowning out everything in its path. >>>

You are welcome to use my old beachfront DXing hot spot by the fake Hawaiian boat on the Royal Kona property, Colin. Nobody ever questioned me the whole time I was DXing there!

Gary