From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:38 PM
To: IRCA Radio List - irca@hard-core-dx_com
Cc: National Radio Club NRC am@nrcdxas_org
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Sony XDRS10HPiP radio

Patrick,

That’s some serious bargain hunting! Nice finds! I’ve been wanting to purchase a WiFi radio—maybe I’ll prowl Goodwill instead.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-1 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”

> On Dec 7, 2017, at 12:16 AM, Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>

> Today I went to Goodwill and I found in very good shape, a Sony XDRS10HDiP HD Radio.  I plugged it in and it came on and seemed to work. No price on it, so I asked. The clerk said "How about $4.99, but the radio is "as is", no returns. I even got my 10% Senior Citizen discount, so it was $4.49!!! Got it home, hooked up the FM Yagi and it works perfectly. I got several FM stations in HD including KJR FM Seattle. It even has a connection on the top for an Ipod. I tried the Ipod connection   and it works too. This radio has two front speakers with Surround Sound and sounds great! The signal is even a hair better than on my XDR-F1 HD. That is the 3rd good deal I have found of late at Goodwill. This was the best of the bunch. First I found a Turntable/cassette/CD recorder for $20. Then I found a wifi radio for $15. All three work fine too. On the XDRS10HPiP radio, I have not tried the AM at yet. My XDR-F1 HD gets KSL in HD at times at night. I presume this one will too. Depending
> on the noise level.  I am really pleased with this!
>

> Patrick Martin Seaside OR KGED QSL Manager
montreal.kotalampi.com
Your email address: Your name (optional): You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing with ...

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Visit International Radio Club of America. Browse information and resources for International Radio Club of America