Re: [IRCA] PAL error?

Bruce, NDB are not always located right at the airport.  I know in Canada,
our CFS (Canadian Flight Supplement) lists every airport in the country,
along with all of the navigational aids, and where they are located.  VHF
VORs, are usually located some miles from the airport.  In the case of
Ust-Bolsheretzk, the only airport I could find is at coordinates 52.909271,
156.882535   That has to be an airport, but sure looks abandoned to me,
except that abandoned airports have X's across the runways.  This one does
not.  It had to be a former military airport with what looks like a lot of
dispersal areas to the south of the runway (a single runway, with a
parallel taxiway).  I'm assuming that the NDB is for this site.  Google
maps looks like there might be a tower at exactly 52.816696, 156.267171.
You can see the red/white tower, and perhaps another tower slightly to the
SE from it.  Shows up better on Bing maps (with shadows).   Good fun!
 73,...Walt