Re: [IRCA] TAs on the west coast and how I do it

At 07:18 AM 10/25/2005, you wrote:
>Message: 7
>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 06:25:46 +0000
>From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [IRCA] TAs from the west coast
>        <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>At 05:59 25/10/2005, you wrote:
>>Walter Salmaniw wrote:
>>
>> > Fellas, again there were many TAs earlier in the eveing around 0200
>> > when I got home from work.
>>Walter, nice digging. What are you using for a receiver and antenna?
>
>and, dare I ask where WERE the receiver and antenna, hi.  Great
>loggings.  By the time I got there, even 1314 had gone; it returned a bit
>later, but there weren't even carriers beyond 1215 and 1314 by 0300, and
>even those faded away later.    Wonder if that was the end of the
>opening?  TP's back the following morning, though no earth-shattering.
>
>best wishes
>
>Nick

Fellas, the antenna that works for me is the K9AY, beamed North.  This appears to be working exceptionally well when the path over the pole is open.  I also have an ALA 100 which is best for the LW (which I haven't done a lot of due to noise).  The receivers are several:  For scanning, I like the AOR 7030+ and I just channel through the memories all slightly offset on the split frequencies.  For digging, the Icom 756Pro2 is a great receiver, and much of what I save on Recall-Pro is using this receiver.  I just powered up the R390A for use, but too early to know how it will perform, along with it's SE-3.  Finally, I used the TenTec 340 with a Kiwa 4 kHz roofing filter mod, and it's very hot in AM and AM Sync especially for readability.  I just might have second thoughts about selling this baby.  ......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC