[IRCA] DX Conditions 10/25

Greetings:

Or should I say "I do like my new WNW EWE! A very good morning here with
mostly Chinese all over the dial. At 1557 UTC, 8:57 PDT, JOAK is still
S9, blasting in on the R8 from the radio room as I type this. I am
getting it on both antennas, but the new WNW EWE has an edge of about 2
S Units. At 1415 CNR2 was dominating with an S9 signal on 720 khz. UNID
language under Shandong 918  all morning, but I could not ID it. CC in
EE on 1116 at 1404 with news. I wonder how long JOAK will stay in? It is
almost 1600 UTC, 0900 PDT and it still quite strong. It reminds me of
the morning in the early 70s when China 1040 was in untill 1745 UTC
(1045 PT) and I did not lose their carrier until almost 1900 (1200 PT)!
JOAK just went into their NHK News at 1700 and it is still S9.  Amazing.

73

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR