[IRCA] Off Topic (printers)

I just had quite an experience this afternoon with trying to refill  my
print cartridge. I can hear what some of you are saying.... I got tired
of spending $60 a year to buy two new cartridges. I bought an ink kit
from Costco for $13.97 today. It will do both color & black. My color HP
cartridge ran out. I pryed off the top and filled the three sections
with new ink. Taped the top back on and it worked great. Perfect. I then
decided before my black ran out I would fill that one too. It was a bit
different as you have to drill a small hole in the top and fill it that
way. I got is done and put a plug in the top as was told in the
directions. But I had a bit of trouble with the cartridge leaking. The
color one I had no trouble with that at all. Well I blotted the bottom
of it a few times, wiped it off and plugged it back in to the printer. I
went to check it out and I printed a photo and the copy kind of looked
like a negative. Really odd. I then tryed to copy an e mail. Nothing but
a blank sheet of paper. So I found the black cart was not working for
some reason. It worked before I filled it. I cleaned the circuit board
on the side, and blotted the ink and cleaned it a bit more, but still
nothing. I then went up and bought a new black one and it works fine.
Again, I had no trouble with the color which had run out, but filling
the black was a mess. It is in the round file now. Has anyone else had
experience with filling their own cartridges? I am wondering if I did
something wrong.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

73,