Re: [IRCA] The difference between "dead" NC and CA AM stations

The Kaskey Family wrote:

>Chaz:
>
>Thanks for the info on Smyrna NC on 680.  I always wondered how they managed to get a station on 680 with WPTF so close.  Back in the 'Good Ole Days' I heard WMBL-740 every so often in the
>1950-52 period (from Iowa that is).
>
>73
>
>don

Don,

Sylva. There is a Smyrna in NC, but it is a tiny spot in the road over
in Carteret County on the Atlantic (nearly). Come to think of it, there is
also an Atlantic in NC, also in Carteret County. Also a spot in the road.

WMBL-740 was a daytime, every day, always item on the Bermudian Daytime
Dial. As a matter of fact, the difference between WMBL when heard from
Harrington Hundreds Road , Bermuda [There is such a place, and its where
we resided for three years] and from Grifton (NC),. was small.

But as far as I know WMBL is gone forever.

I always end up heaving in a ton of related archival information, but
worthless to any other human being.