Re: [IRCA] Radio (Part One-Hundred and Forty-Three)

Re: [IRCA] Radio (Part One-Hundred and Forty-Three)

I lived ten miles south of WCHK's transmitter site, which is located on the Etowah River near the intersection of Interstate 575 and State Road 20. They had a local-like signal during the day; at night, I could hear Savannah and Dayton in in WCHK's null on 1290. 500 watts doesn't get out as far in Georgia as it does in the Midwest.

73, Eric (N0UIH)