[IRCA] Re: Tip for Western US listeners...

[IRCA] Re: Tip for Western US listeners...

Don,

I left the house about 9:35, and they were back on the air then.  They probably came back on just about the time you checked email.  I did manage to get a nice ID out of KKAT/860...196 watts of C&W out of Salt Lake City.  That was the only new one for me.  KPAM was booming until they switched to night power/pattern, then the frequency was pretty much owned by XEMO, though nothing like I remember XEMO in the past.

Have you heard the new 890 station testing yet?  I've been trying for it, but I have nasty RF noise 590,600,890,900,1190,1200,1490,1500.  I think its all thanks to my Pentium 4.  No noise present when its off and the old Pentium 3 is on.

Mike Hawkins

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael Hawkins wrote:

> KTRB/860/Modesto CA has been off for several hours. I have been able
> to get the following in their absence: * KHHO/Tacoma on 850*
> XEMO/Tijuana on 860 (yawn)* KPAM/Troutdale OR on 860* KIEV/Glendale CA
> on 870* KLSQ/Laughlin NV on 870 Nothing spectacular so far, but I am
> still chasing stations on 860 and 870 for IDs. Mike HawkinsTracy CA

Oh shoot! I just came on to give the same info and find you've beaten
me to it :-)...All I can hear thru my buzzy background is XEMO & KPAM.
Will try some more at TOH later this evening. I noted KNEW-910 off 4 or
5 nights ago also.

don k.