[IRCA] Re: KTRB-860 OFF

Pete,

I talked with someone at KTRB engineering about six weeks ago.  He told me they are not ready for any kind of testing yet.  He did say that KTRB would be off "sometime in the future" for about an hour, but he was reluctant to take my email address to let me know when.  I don't know if this was it today or not.  They do seem to be running on lower power tonight after they returned to the aire (sometime around 9:30pm).  From what I have read, they are bringing 840 on in Modesto because they are moving the city of license on KTRB from Modesto to San Francisco.  I don't know if that was a condition to do it or not.  From what I have read about their transmitter site, it is nowhere near either location.  I think the two stations will be pretty much separate, though I wonder how well an 840 station will coexist with an 860 in the same general geographic area.

Mike Hawkins

Pete Taylor <ptdx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have to ask - are they ready to start testing the 860SF/840 Modesto
deal or do they actually have a license for these facilities yet? Does
anyone have an inkling as to whether or not they will be // or has
anyone checked the day and night pattern overlap?

Pete Taylor
Tacoma (the only one...)