[IRCA] Re: WBT wipes out KFAB

I lived in Charlotte, NC, from 1979 to 1981.
At that time, WBT used a single-tower Blaw-Knox
antenna.  I remember driving past it one day.
It sat on a single ceramic or glass insulating
base and was shaped like two pyramids joined
together, base-to-base, in the middle.

I'm sure somebody out there could do a better
job of describing it.  All I can say is that
it was an extremely awesome sight!  Just wish
I had taken pictures of it.

Does WBT still use it?  I remember hearing one
of their announcers say that their nighttime
coverage went from Maine to Cuba.  They sure
put out a potent signal!

73,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX USA