Re: [IRCA] C&W on 980

Don,

KVLV is not daytime only.  I've chase that station several times in the past and always kicked myself for not remembering them.  There have been times in the past that I have received them in the daytime, usually in Manteca.  I can't do it in Tracy though.  Out of curiosity, is KYAK becoming a regular for you on 930?  It is for me now.  You may also listen for KSVC/Richfield UT on 980.  I get it every night as well.

I'm noticing some things now more commonly, which I think should be called the "DXers Lament," such as:

1. Any station that changes their call letters immediately becomes very difficult to hear.  I had KNWX/1210 *every* day, and I haven't been able to hear them since they changed calls.
2. Any station that has been difficult to hear becomes a pest once heard...KUTI/1460 and KYAK/930 are examples for me.
3. All stations fade into the woodwork 10-15 seconds before giving their hourly required IDs.
4. All adjacent-channel stations interfering with a desired catch start blasting music that causes severe splatter just as the desired catch starts saying something which will enable them to be identified.
5. You can sit in uninterrupted silence for hours until DX conditions improve, then the entire world queues up to get your undivided attention.

I'm sure you can add some too.  I sure hope DX conditions improve soon.  I haven't logged anything new since the 8th.

Mike Hawkins

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've had a country/western station popping up on 980 from around
0005-0110 PST 1/14/05. Running a satellite program called 'Jukebox
Corner' presenting 'Legends of Country' with Jack Edwards. Station was
atop in KFWB's null from 0005-0020 (I darn well should have IDed it
then). Had one local ad spot and local weather--bloody cold, temps
around zero and snow predicted. Came in best looping NE but then that's
the null for KFWB also. Pretty much faded down into the background
after 0020 to reappear around 0107. After 0030 KBBO in Yakima appeared
with their talk and many many ads. KFWB is a real booger too, since
they upped their power. Any help here from you guys up north would be
very much appreciated. Only c&w station I've heard on 980 in recent
times has been KVLV in Fallon & they are (supposedly) day time only.
Maybe they forgot to cut off their PSSA?

73 don kaskey san francisco ca