Re: [IRCA] dx 1/2/05

Don,

730 is "Mojoradio" from Vancouver.  They seem to be pretty strong tonight, as is CKMX/1060/Calgary.  Eastern signals seem to be pretty dead tonight...no hints of WHO, WBAP or WOAI.  Two of three are usually in here decently, while WBAP is usually pretty weak.  It seems like a good time to put on a movie.

I spent the day today in Point Reyes.  If you don't mind the potential of an antenna slipping off the edge of the world when the big one hits, it seems like a great place to put a beverage.

Mike Hawkins
Tracy CA

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
610 CA KFRC San Francisco, seemed to be running on lower power as I
could find a fairly deep null in their signal + the slop-over onto 600 &
620 was very much reduced. 1/1&2/05

600 BC CKBD Vancouver with 'I See Fire, I See Rain' by James Taylor at
2355 1/1, followed by 'Georgia On My Mind' a big band version. 1/2 at
0002 PST an ID 'CKBD-Six Hundred-Vancouver' followed by 'Chances Are' by
Johnny Mathis. All the time mixing in and out with KOGO and amazingly
very little KFRC slop. New with these calls. Haven't heard in years
and years, since they were CJOR.

620 BCN XESS Ensenada, assumed the one over/under KPOJ-OR with NOS songs
in english. First noted 0005. Announcements were in english. KPOJ
became stronger after 0015. Don't know who else it would be with this
format. Just amazed to be able to hear anything on 620.

730 ?? Someone with ESPN Sports. Is this the Vancouver format of the
month, these days or did I snag Ephrata with all of their 29 watts?

Nothing much else of interest noted in check from 540-1700...........

don kaskey san francisco ca drake r8a kiwa airloop