[IRCA] Best Freeware Recording Software for Win 98

[IRCA] Best Freeware Recording Software for Win 98

Please forgive me if this is OT, but I'm looking for a good freeware
recording program that will run on Windows 98.  I'd like to be able to take
my DX recordings currently on cassette tape and convert them into WAV
formats so I can burn them to CD and send along with my reception reports.
I've tried using the "Sound Recorder" application that comes with Win 98,
but the files are too big (MB instead of kB).  I found AIPL "Singulator" and
tried it, but, again, MB instead of kB.  I've seen WAV files on the web that
are in the 25-50 kB range that sound just fine.  Anybody have any
suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX USA