[IRCA] Xmas Gifts Warning

In my opinion only - not the opinion of this list or the club that sponsors the list:

If you are considering buying a Pogo Products' "Radio Your Way" AM/FM/Voice and MP3 recorder, run away fast! This is a small, hand-held device marketed as an audio equivalent as a VCR. You use built in timers to record for later playback.

I won't get into detail here. I only warn you that this could be the most illogical and poorly designed device I have ever seen in 50+ years! Someone gave me one saying "maybe you can make this work." After two weeks of serious dedication to understanding the Japanese-English manual, I am ready to heave this unit at a brick wall (and enjoy every minute.) The idea is terrific. The design is horrific!

Also, stay away from radio referenced "atomic" clocks marketed by Atomic Time. This outfit advertises regularly in QST. I purchased a Zeit wall clock from them about a year ago. I received a clock that obviously had been opened and tampered with by another customer. The hands were bent. It was a disaster. I received a second one that needs to be reset about once a week. This condition they claim is normal. I have another Zeit clock from about three years ago that has worked flawlessly from the day I purchased it. I'm convinced Atomic Time sells returned and refurbished units, although they don't claim they do. Stay away!

No more 'bah,humbugs.' I just thought I'd warn you!

Merry Christmas, Karl Zuk N2KZ