Re: [IRCA] New state

Great catch Nigel, congratulations!

73's,

Ray

--- Begin Message --- Hi everyone,
Just got back from a weekend DX session up at Lamont, and we enjoyed some excellent conditions to the east (especially Saturday night, but Sunday also wasn't bad). The highlight had to be on Saturday when I heard an ESPN station under KSL on 1160 (anything else on 1160 is exceptional!). When about 90 minutes later I finally bagged an ID I nearly fell off my chair: "WSKW , The Score" from Skowhegan, Maine. Undoubtedly they were running day power long after sunset, but I'm not complaining on this one, as that's state #45 for me. I heard traces of sports under KSL the next night too, so perhaps they regularly "forget" to power down.
We also heard a lot of other stuff from the east. Some that come to mind are KDKA, WGY, WABC, CBA, KYW and WRVA. Several of those were once common but have become increasingly rare over the years. In the case of WRVA that's only the second time I've ever logged it. Having Calgary on 1140 has meant that one has never been easy. With the quiet solar conditions we had hopes of hearing some TA's, but it wasn't to be. We did log some Japanese on the Sunday morning though.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

--- End Message ---