From: "The Kaskey Family" <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx>
America" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Moving to Iowa

SNIP, SNIP, CUT, CUT, TRIM, [whew!]
Summers are hot and sticky but not as bad as the San Joaquin Valley.
Winters can get pretty chilly but livable.
> You will definitely enjoy dx back there.

Donnie, I think you told at least one whopper there and perhaps maybe also
an untruth.

First of all, in my part of the San Joaquin Valley, i.e. in Delano
right-smack-dap on the county line between Kern
and Tulare Counties, summers were hot, but hardly humid. Remember large
portions of SJV are semi-arid.

That's the possible untruth.

Now for the whopper:

Steven may very well freeze parts of his anatomy off in winters in Iowa. At
least the US admitted North and
South Dakota and Minnesota to the Union to buffer Iowa from the Arctic
temperatures that Manitoba tries
to export to its southern neighbors.

Steven will be forced to relearn English in order to DX in Iowa. Iowa has
only a relatively few Mexican
stations.

Welcome to the Midwest, Steven. I was born in LA, raised mostly in Indiana
and Kentucky. Historically,
midwesterners consider the Midwest one big cow pasture for culture, etc.,
but between the South and
the Midwest are the areas that constitute a backbone of American culture.
Watch for cowpies and love
it there.

Charlie
(a terribly confused mixture of California, Midwesterner and Southerner!)