Re: [IRCA] From Chris Kadlec near Seoul, S. Korea-- DPRK Local-like

I first heard "657" when it was on 655 in 1976 and I have always been
amused by the strident and energized
tone of the announcers - I imagined at the time when she (or he) went home
to their significant others and families
that it must have taken them some time to wind down.... *imagining and
translating..."

Announcer: "HELLO HONEY I AM HOME!!!"
Wife/Husband:  and how was your day?
Announcer: "YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!
Wife/Husband: "there there dear, would you like a drink?"
Announcer: "WOULD I!?!?! WOULD I?!?! YES! I WOULD!!! MAKE IT TALL AND MAKE
IT STRONG!!!"

Seriously - I thought this very thing when I was 12 years old listening to
DPRK on 655 khz...

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -