Re: [IRCA] Colorado TPs, Sort Of

Hello Craig,

Thanks very much for your TP-DX report from Colorado this morning, and congratulations on your inland reception of 774-JOUB,

<<<ÂÂ Kudos to Gary DeBock also. I really enjoy reading about the evolution of FSL equipped PL380s and the subsequent performance results!ÂÂ >>>

Thank you for your generous comment about the FSL equipped PL-380's, Craig. If any radio can possibly make us feel like excited teenagers again, this has got to be the model :-)

73,ÂGary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)Â

Greetings,

From 1316 through 1332, JOUB 774 brief periods of audio for a few minutes at a time, with what seemed like an English lesson; in and out, sometimes with barely discernable audio, however it was fair on peaks. Best audio at 1316.

Carriers were detected on 594, 693, 747, 972 and 1566.

The few minutes of audio from JOUB was encouraging. I have been working on improving my antenna situation when I have not been dealing with health issues. It can be a bit noisy around my new in town location. I am looking forward to my ALA 1530LN which is on order. QRM improvement will be most welcome. Hopefully I can null out the IBOC hash from some of the locals as well with the Wellbrook loop. I will also be deploying an Elad FDM-S2 soon. That should be fun.

Kudos to Gary DeBock also. I really enjoy reading about the evolution of FSL equipped PL380s and the subsequent performance results!

Best of DX to all.

Craig Barnes
Wheat Ridge, CO
R8A, 20' H x 41' L Corner-Fed Conti Superloop at 305 deg. w/18:1 Erickson transformer and 1K term