From: Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Dec 24, 2015 9:41 pm
Subject: Re: [NRC-AM] [IRCA] Trans World Radio PJB 800

On 12/24/2015 8:38 PM, Bob Young wrote:
> In clear and loud at times with some heavy fading but is dominant on
> the frequency, SS religious programming, Radio transmundial ID at
> 8:30 ET. This is the first time I've logged this station in more than
> 30 years,  Kralendijk, Island Of Bonaire,

I remember driving from Waltham to Lawrence one night in the mid-1990s
(let's say 1993 or maybe 1994) to visit a friend who was working at WCCM
800 there. Their night power was so anemic that I was hearing PJB on the
car radio even as I was parking my car in front of the WCCM studios.

A few years later, I had the opportunity to tour TWR while on my
honeymoon on Bonaire. The facility has gone through several
modifications since then, including a complete rebuild of the antenna
array and the replacement of the Brown-Boveri 500 kW transmitter it was
then using.