Re: [IRCA] Canadian AM Call Changes Questions

On 12/24/2015 4:07 PM, Russ Edmunds wrote:
I'm trying to overcome the gaps created by being inactive from 1983-1989,
and I'm looking for the call sign histories of a number of Canadian
stations -- or, better yet - a source where I can look them up like I can
for most US stations on FCC's CDBS.

There's no overall source of which I'm aware, unfortunately.

Here are the ones I'm looking to obtain, and I'd likely want all changes
since 1983:

590 Toronto

CKEY, CKYC (1991), CJCL (1995)

600 North Bay

CFCH, CKAT (1996)

600 Montreal

CFCF, CIQC (1991), then that license moved to CINW 940 in 2001. New calls haven't been chosen yet for the new 600 permit; many doubt it will ever make it to air.

690 Montreal

CBF, silent 1999, CINF (2001 - license moved from CKVL 850), silent, CKGM (2011 - license moved from CKGM 990)

730 Leamington

CHYR-7 as nighttime-only, then moved to FM in 1994. CHYR operated fulltime on 730 for a brief time leading to the FM transition, so one could argue that the "CHYR" call applied to both day and night operation on 730 for that period.

790 Sudbury

CKSO, CIGM (1990), silent 2009 (moved to 93.5 FM)

960 Kingston

CKWS, CFFX (1987), silent 2007 (moved to 104.3 FM)

1250 Oakville

CHWO, CJYE (2001 after the CHWO calls and format moved to 740)

1310 Ottawa

CFGM, CIWW (1985)

1350 Oshawa

CKAR, CKDO (1992), moved to 1580 (2006)

1430 Toronto

CJCL, CKYC (1995), CHKT (1997)

1540 Toronto

CHIN

I realize that not all of these are considered officially as call changes,
but from my point of view, the fact that a station went dark for a while,
and then someone else resurrected the facility ( with or without new
equipment, site etc ) doesn't change anything - to me it's still a call
change.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Hope this is useful!!