From: "Chuck Hutton" <charlesh3@xxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2015 8:42:36 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Rockworks, Oregon Non-DX Report for Oct. 24th

Gary -

We split up with the idea of comparing the 2 locations. We think 4 has horizon blockage from 300 degrees northward so might not give us some Asians. It does have a better "backscreen" cliff wall behind it.

Rockworks 2 has no horizon blockage towards Asia. But a bit more signal might leak in from behind with the less imposing cliff wall behind it.

Guy and I have a better impression of Asiatic reception from Rockworks Â4 than you. Perhaps because we have been there in the fall (TP season) while your comments mention July lack of TPs.

Chuck

> Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 20:00:08 -0700
> From: dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [IRCA] Rockworks, Oregon Non-DX Report for Oct. 24th
>
> Hi Gary, there were two of us at Rock works 2 and two of us at Rockworks 4.
> In fact, each location had a Flag or ALA100LN mast supported loop (50 or
> more feet in circumference) as well as one or more Wellbrook 1-meter active
> loops at each site.
>
> Our results were the same at each turnout, no matter what antenna :^(
>
> It's safe to say that it just wasn't a morning to set the log books on fire!
>
> 73,
>
> Guy Atkins
> Puyallup, WA
> DXing at the Rockworks cliffs near Manzanita, OR

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Â ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Â