[IRCA] AM BCB DX - ELAD Captures for Oct/24th………..

Hi Guys:

  I remembered I had an Old Homebrew 2 1/2 Foot Box Loop stuffed away in a Closet, so I thought I would drag it out and see how well it would work with the ELAD SDR. The 100 Foot Longwire I have been using with the ELAD is very Noisy, and I was hoping the Box Loop would drop my Noise Levels quite a bit and help to hear some decent stuff. I just tuned the Loop to 1100 Khz roughly the middle of the band and let the ELAD do the rest. I realize a Box Loop should be tuned to each individual frequency, but that is not possible when you are recording the entire AM BCB…so I wasn't really sure what I was going to accomplish , but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it functions with the ELAD!!! I'm going to experiment some more with it….but the Loop is extremely Quiet and dropped the Noise Levels here by about 7 -  S Units!!! The signals are not quite as strong as with the Longwire, but with the drop in Noise, they are are much more listenable!! I really had my doubts that this was going to work well…….but against all odds…..it did!! The Loop was just sitting on the Basement Floor about 7 Feet Below Ground Level!!!

Here is a sample of what I heard last night…….Nothing New was heard, but a few of these stations I have not heard for a Long time!

RECEIVER…………………….ELAD FDM-S2 SDR

ANTENNA……………………2 1/2 Foot Tuneable Box Loop (Homebrew)

73………..ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

830  WFNO Norco, LOUISIANA  Oct/24/15  2158 EDT    SPANISH       GOOD
SS Pop Music. ID by Male DJ @ 2159 EDT in SS as "La Fabulosa 830". More
SS Pop Music.

RELOG                       5 kW/750 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1270  WLIK  Newport, TENNESSEE  Oct/24/15  2200 EDT    EE    GOOD
ID by Male DJ @ 2200 EDT as "Since 1954 - This is WLIK in Newport,
Tennessee". Into News @ 2200 EDT.

RELOG                      5 kW/500 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1550  WIGN  Bristol, TENNESSEE  Oct/24/15  2158 EDT   EE    VG+
Must have been on DAY POWER???!! Booming Signal!!
Bluegrass Music @ 2158-59 EDT. ID by Male DJ @ 2159 EDT as "The Tri-Cities
@ 1550 - The World @ 1550bluegrassdotcom with WIGN Bristol/Kingsport/
Johnson City". Into More Bluegrass Music.

RELOG                     35kW/6 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1370  WSHV  South Hill, VIRGINIA  Oct/24/15  2058 EDT   EE    GOOD
Christian Music. ID @ 2059 EDT as "Family Friendly Positive Hits - Shine FM".
More Christian Hits Music.

RELOG                     4.2 kW/410 Watts
ROSS, ON.
820  WVSG   Columbus, OHIO  Oct/24/15  1959 EDT     EE    VG
REligious Talk @ 1959-2000 EDT. ID by Male DJ @ 2000 EDT as
"This is the home for St. Gabriel Catholic Radio".

RELOG                 6.5 kW/790 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1350   WIOU  Kokomo, INDIANA  Oct/24/15  1959 EDT    EE  VG
ID by Male DJ @ 1959 EDT as "You're listening to ESPN Sports - 1350
WIOU Kokomo". ESPN Promos and Sports Center.

RELOG                   5/1 kW
ROSS, ON.
1080  WNWI  Oaklawn, ILLINOIS   Oct/24/15   1859 EDT   POLISH/EE    VG
Polish language Vocals and Accordion Music. ID in ENGLISH by Male DJ as
"WNWI Chicago's Super Ethnic Station @ 1080 we are WNWI - Oaklawn, Illinois."
Gave Phone Number as 708-201-9600.

RELOG                   3/2.6 kW
ROSS, ON.
1390  WLCM  Holt, MICHIGAN  Oct/24/15   1900 EDT   EE     VG
ID by Male DJ @ 1900 EDT as "Right here on 1390 WLCM".
Into Religious Pgm.

RELOG          5/4.5 kW
ROSS, ON.
1430  WFOB  Fostoria, OHIO   Oct/24/15  1900 EDT    EE      FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 1900 EDT as "AM 1430 WFOB-Fostoria"
Into Sports Talk.

RELOG              1 kW
ROSS, ON.
1360  WKYO  Caro, MICHIGAN   Oct/24/15  1758 EDT   EE     GOOD
Oldies Music "ELO" @ 1758-59 EDT. ID by Male DJ @ 1759 as "Oldies 1360
WKYO - Caro-Cass City".

RELOG                   1 kW
ROSS, ON.
1480  WIOS  Tawas City, MICHIGAN  Oct/24/15   1759 EDT    EE    GOOD
ID by Male DJ @ 1759 EDT as "You're listening to AM 1480 WIOS".
Into ABC News @ 1800 EDT.

RELOG                  1 kW/109 Watts
ROSS, ON.