[IRCA] Arizona TP, September 20th

(7'x24' Conti superloop pointed 320 degrees, RTL-SDR dongle with
upconverter, coverage up to around 1400kHz)

I wonder if the huge dropoff up in the NW was due to the major geomagnetic
storm overnight?  In contrast, I had my best TP audio of the month!

The early peak just after Japanese sunset was decent with weak audio from
747 and 774 already by 0913UT (2:13am MST).  That continued off and on for
another half-hour.  The main peak before local sunrise started shortly
after 12UT.  I didn't get the large number of carriers or as many
frequencies with audio as in recent days, but 774-JOAB delivered some very
nice audio.  There wasn't enough activity for a detailed analysis, but here
is a brief log:

1204UT - 747 audio being persistent and almost intelligible
This was followed by a fairly long period of only carriers
1242UT - 774 picked up a lot, and up to medium audio at 1243UT
1248UT - 774 medium audio again, a man talking
1258UT - 774 medium-good audio again, a man still talking, into the TOH 3+1
pips
1300UT - 774 a bit of a fade out, but stronger again for a bit

There were decent carriers at times on 594, 693, 828, 972, and 1053, but
not much more than that.

I've posted a 774-JOUB recording to my blog:
https://azswdxing.wordpress.com/2015/09/20/log-am-bcb-september-20th-more-trans-pacific-reception/

Brian Rachford - Prescott, AZ
azswdxing@xxxxxxxxx
http://azswdxing.wordpress.com/