[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 12 September 2015

Another DU morning in southern Alberta, and agree with Walt that it was better than yesterday. In my case, much better, as yesterday was rather poor, with only Tahiti providing audio (and seemingly did from 0430 right to 1250), whereas today was my best DU day of the season, with a mixture of Australian and New Zealand stations.

684	NEW ZEALAND, Gisborne	"Rhema'
First noted at 1231 with music, better at 1243 playing what was defintely Christian music.

702	NEW ZEALAND, Auckland	'Magic'
Tentatively this one, as not // with the Australians, and playing a Carly Simon song, so the right era for 'Magic'

738	FRENCH POLYNESIA, Papeete
Not in all night this time, but noted at a fair level at 1243 with song (not French, maybe Tahitian?)

765	unID
	Traces of music between 1243 and 1248.

774 AUSTRALIA, Melbourne 3L0 Woman host interviewing a musical artist at 1248. Top DU signal of the morning, and best Aussie signal of the season.

819	NEW ZEALAND, Tauranga	RNZ National
Man giving a talk on a history of New Zealand broadcasting. Gave 3LO a run for status of top signal.

828	AUSTRALIA, Sale		3GI
	music at 1237, parallel with 774.

882	NEW ZEALAND, Auckland	'Star'
	Vocal by a man at 1241.  //963, so think Star is the only possibility.

891	AUSTRALIA, Adelaide	5AN
	Just made out the ABC news fanfare at 1230

909	unID
	Traces of music at 1246.

963	NEW ZEALAND, Christchurch	'Star'
	Vocal by a man at 1242, //882.

1008	NEW ZEALAND, Tauranga		Newstalk ZB
	Talk by a man.  Weak, but definitely // 1035.

1035	NEW ZEALAND, Wellington		Newstalk ZB
Man talking with woman caller. This one has been very consistent this season. Fair again today, but a step below 774 and 819.

1161 unID In for a couple of minutes at 1249, but coincided with a vocal by a man and no talk heard. No idea on this one, as I've never logged a DU on 1161.

All in all a very interesting morning. The top end of the band didn't really do a lot, with only 1503 on the verge of audio.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB
Perseus SDR & Wellbrook Phased Array